- Efficient use of energy is often more economic than renewable energy. There are no emissions from energy that is not used.
- Reachfield Enterprise (Pty) Ltd staff has managed major utility energy conservation programs, and has evaluated, developed, and tested a broad range of energy-efficient technologies.
- When developing your carbon footprint control plan, we can help you understand which of your systems are the most important – and which ones can help you to achieve additional goals. You may be surprised at what else you can accomplish while saving energy.
Did you know that energy-efficient lighting can also be used to help retailers sell products by using the lights to talk directly with customer smart phones?
Controls & Metering
- Advanced metering systems can provide live data 24×7, on electric, gas and steam use. This information is much more helpful than monthly or bimonthly utility bills, when you are trying to determine how to save energy or how to effectively use stored energy.
- Sophisticated control systems can turn systems off when you aren’t using them. Controls can be used to take advantage of utility rates that offer lower costs for usage during specific hours. Controls can direct energy from intermittent (e.g., solar or wind) generation sources into storage systems, so that you can use energy when you need it even if that energy is produced when you do not need it.
- Reachfield Enterprise (Pty) Ltd Team has designed and directed the installation of end-user and utility-scale metering and control systems.
Renewable Energy & Fuels
- A comprehensive greenhouse gas strategy should consider on-site resources and off-site resources. For instance, your facility may not have enough land to produce the solar power you would need to eliminate purchased electricity, but you might be able to use on-site solar energy to replace gas for water heating, with a much larger net effect on emissions.
- Reachfield Enterprise (Pty) Ltd is well-positioned to help you determine which energy sources are available to you and which ones are right for your carbon goals. Our Team has developed sustainability plans that consider all elements of energy management, energy acquisition and fuel source decisions. We are familiar with all types of renewable electricity, including solar, wind, hydroelectric and geothermal electricity; and with renewable sources for heat energy, including solar, geo-source heat, and renewable fuels.